Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, with another egg laid!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, or any other holiday they celebrate at this time of year.

And as the title implies, Claudia laid her second egg this evening. I was worried she was going to have trouble with this one, since I thought she should have laid it yesterday, and she was very swollen today, and acting very sick. But after several warm "tail end" soaks, she laid it safely this evening, at about the same time as the first one. Hopefully, this is the last egg, and her interest in parenthood soon passes.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I missed a lot when I didn't check blogs for a few weeks. So glad she's doing ok!

Knock on wood, none of my parrots have laid eggs, but it's something that worries me.

My parents' female tiel lays occasionally, but the next day, the eggs were cracked open (not sure if it was the male or female). We always joke that the birds don't want to be breeders anymore :)